Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

Happy fourth of July everyone!! I'll sing us a little Star Spangled Banner for everyone! :D I'm sure if you were here you'd love it!

On this lovely holiday my husband is away bike riding and I am happily blogging away looking forward to some red, white, & blue cheesecake!
So what better way to celebrate than to show you a liberating project I did recently! I had a freeing moment while making ties for my little man a couple weeks ago.
I knew what I wanted this tie to look like but didn't have the fabric for it. My husband has a long standing joke about rubber chickens... yeah I know, rubber chickens, yes, seriously, oh well :) So I was going to make Jack a rubber chicken tie...

How often do you run into rubber chicken fabric?

Not often for me!

I was being held back by the limitations of the fabric world! Shackled by the injustice of chicken haters the globe over!
Well, after a little while I decided it didn't matter if I had the right fabric I could make my own!!

How you ask?

I appliqued my own rubber chicken right there on that tie!

It was a freeing moment! I cut and sewed exactly what I wanted how I wanted it!

Why you ask?

I did it for the freedom of fabric choice and because it was so dang cute!
It didn't matter that the fabric wasn't pre-designed to what I wanted, that only made it all the more fun!

Who knew applique would be the force to deliver me from the restraints I didn't even know I had!

I hope that through this story of my Fourth of July chicken you too can have a liberating fourth!

Hehe! Have a happy day! Shoot some fireworks and sing me a little Star Spangled Banner!


7 comments:

  1. Here's a rubber wiggle salute to you Hillary!
    Free-range chicken creativity at it's very best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! Funny post--love the rubber chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the roAnd the rockets red glare, there a chicken down there, and now we all know..Hillary's not a square. The famous rubber chicken,he is all the rave, so wear the tie with pride and go out with the brave! Not as good as the first one but hopefully this will post! Love you and cute ties!ckets red glare, there a chicken down there, and now we all know..Hillary's not a square. The famous rubber chicken,he is all the rave, so wear the tie with pride and go out with the brave! Not as good as the first one but hopefully this will post! Love you and cute ties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaah, super cute Hill. Love that little chicken tie! I bet his Daddy is proud, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rubber chicken tie is brilliant! great blog!

    ReplyDelete