Saturday, September 19, 2009

A little fun stuff

Fun stuff is always going on around here, such as these fantastic Amy Butler patterns

and a FQ of pressed flowers (from her daisy chain line) sent from Mallory over at Amy Butler Design

just because I participated in a contest! Wow! Who knew you could win just for playing! I kinda like that theory!
You can probably guess I've added a few things to my to do list! Which one would you do first? The Weekender Travel Bag; the Mini Dress, Tunic, & Tops; or The Nappy Bag? Maybe we'll vote on it and The winning project happens first!

So, after receiving Amy Butler patterns & fabric in the mail I didn't think the day could get much better but, underneath that package I found another awesome surprise! I got my Doll Quilt from my swap partner Claire/milliemorgan!

Isn't she amazing?! Check out the gorgeous applique!
The inset blocks on the backing! I love those kind of details :)
And check this out...
Hand quilting!!!! Do I feel loved or what?! It's so beautiful! Thank you so much Claire!

Don't forget to check out Jelly Roll week and comment to win a mini quilt ( I'm drawing tomorrow night!) or sign up in my pay it forward to get a special project designed just for you!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful little quilt you were sent! I often wonder what I would get back if I participated..would it be nice to me and then I worry that my work might not measure up to the other person either so I skip joining. You did good! Love how she echos the applique in the handquilting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete