Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Favorite Tool... of the moment!

OK, so I got very excited a couple days ago when I discovered I had a walking foot! Who doesn't want to find that kind of treasure while looking through their piles and shelves filled with all things sewing!

Here it is!

I have been saying how I wish I had a walking foot for quite awhile now! I had no idea it was hiding tucked away in a drawer! I think it's pretty old, but I love it! So I got very excited, attached it to my machine, and couldn't stop smiling as my fabric went through so much more evenly! I'd been making Square in a Square blocks for the Quilt along and suddenly there was no left over edges all the measurements seemed suddenly perfect! It was amazing! Hehe!

So, there it is my favorite tool of the moment! What's your favorite tool right now? Let's hear it!



P.S. Go check out my new table runner over at the MSQC Blog! It's so cute and has been waiting for weeks to be finished! So go give it some love! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love a walking foot too. My favorite too of the moment is crutches! Because my walking foot isn't walking! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna have to explain what a "walking foot" is to all us beginner sewers!

    My favorite tool, hmmmmmm. . .my Crop-A-Dile. It's not a sewing tool, it's for snaps, eyelets, etc. I LOVE it!!

    luvs, aby

    PS - I also have a love/hate relationship with my glue gun. It's so great but is always out to get me (burns me EVERYTIME).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you will be putting your walking foot to good use! I love my clover unpicker - makes this horrible task so much easiser.

    ReplyDelete